This is the roadmap of Duet Design System, based on our planned design and development path. Subject to change based on user needs and feedback.
Q1 2019 #
Background and user research. Overall planning and defining scope. Conducting interviews with makers, users and stakeholders. Figuring out organizational challenges.
Q2 2019 #
Overall Duet API design. Design Token System 1.0. Icon System 1.0. Font System 1.9. Sketch Toolkit 1.0 Documentation platform 1.0. Adopting Design Token System into production. Adopting Font System into production. Content creation work starts. Core Component System work starts. Automated frontend tooling work starts.
Q3 2019 (Jul, Aug, Sep) #
Q4 2019 (Oct, Nov, Dec) #
Creating automated tools to measure Duet’s adoption and usage. Automated frontend tooling integrated into dev environment. Visual regression tests for design system components. React specific wrapper for Duet Web Components. Angular specific wrapper for Duet Web Components. Public release of Duet Design System. Internal and public promotion of the system. SSR (Server Side Rendering) for Duet’s Web Components. Creating additional example templates into Duet. Component system and work on new components continues. Accessibility testing and fixes to components. Client-side hydration for SSR rendered Web Components.
Finding another developer for Duet’s core team. Interested? Let’s talk! Onboard new team members. Automating the icon library and documentation generation more. CLI tools and starter projects for different frameworks. Improved analytics tools to measure Duet’s adoption and usage. Testing of new React library. Improve client-side hydration for specific SSR’d Web Components.
- Finding a third developer for Duet’s core team. Interested? Let’s talk!
- Testing of new Angular library.
- Focusing on contribution and adoption from different teams.
- Developing more complex components and improving the existing ones.
- Drag and drop interface builder for the components.
- Adding support for native iOS and Android platforms.
- Bringing in brand guidelines and documentation.
- Supporting designers and developers who start to utilize the system more.
- Creating migration tools for existing and new products.
- Design system training for development teams.
- New content management system for documentation.
- Maintenance and keeping the system up to date.