Breadcrumbs are used to visualize the path to the currently open resource. It is designed to be used with header or footer.
| || ||Theme|| || |
| || ||Variation|| || |
This section includes guidelines for designers and developers about the usage of this component in different contexts.
When to use #
- When you need to show a path to the currently open page.
- When you want to to give an easy to way to navigate back to previous resources.
- When you have deep navigation structures.
When not to use #
- Don't replace heading or footer elements with breadcrumbs.
This component has been validated to meet the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility guidelines. You can find additional information regarding accessibility of this component below.
- Its an ordered list which makes it easy to know how many bredcrumbs there are.
- Breadcrumbs has
navigationrole which makes sure that its a navigation landmark recognized by assistive technoglogies.
- The visual separator arrows have been hidden from assistive technologies by using
Follow these practical tutorials to learn how to build simple page layouts using Duet’s CSS Framework, Web Components and other features:
Using CLI ToolsTutorials
Creating Custom PatternsTutorials
Server Side RenderingTutorials
Usage With Markdown
If you experience any issues while using a component, please head over to the Support page for more guidelines and help.